Quality Improvement Efforts:
ECPAC staff leading these efforts: Rebecca Wilson: Rebecca@ecpac.org or 303-428-3161.
ECPAC is participating in the state-wide quality improvement efforts of the Colorado Department of Human Services – Office of Early Childhood – Colorado Shines: http://coloradoshines.force.com/ColoradoShines. Through this system, there are 5 levels of quality.
ECPAC’s Quality Improvement efforts include funding from the Office of Early Childhood’s Colorado Shines Quality Improvement Program (CSQI).
- All licensed ECE Programs are a Colorado Shines Level 1 program. Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs) are outreaching to ECE programs and supporting them to reach a Level 2, with support from ECPAC’s Quality Improvement Coaches.
- Once ECE Programs have achieved a Level 2 rating, have a signed fiscal agreement, and have updated their Colorado Shines application – they are eligible for CSQI funding to help them reach a higher level of quality. This includes funding for classroom materials, a quality improvement coach, and funding for professional development.
- Programs receive a Level 3-5 Colorado Shines rating – after they have completed a rating submission process that includes an on-site evaluation by a neutral observer (contracted by Qualistar Colorado).
- Some programs are eligible for a Level 3-5 because they already hold accreditations that crosswalk over.
Adams County ECE providers who are Level 1 and/or do not have a signed fiscal agreement with CCCAP, may access quality improvement supports through ECPAC’s Fee For Service Quality Improvement Program. Documents needed for more information and to request these services are:
Professional Development: (click on heading for forms)
ECPAC staff leading these efforts: Nicole Gonzales: email@example.com or 303-428-3163.
- ECPAC is working with Front Range Community College to offer ECE scholarships for upcoming semesters. Please click on this link to access an informational packet provided to assist you with the ECPAC- FRCC Scholarship process.
- Expanding Quality in Infant Toddler Care (EQIT): Registration is now open for Spring 2018.
- Professional Development Opportunities- the Fall Training Calendar is available. To find out more and to register, please visit the online registration calendar: https://www.ecpac.org/recent-news-events/upcoming-events/
- ECE Teacher Licensure Program Flyer
- Healthy Childcare Colorado Training Opportunities flyer.
- Information regarding UC Denver’s Coaching Certificate
- Pyramid Plus Training Opportunity in Highlands Ranch
- UNC’s Master Degree in ECE flyer
- Arapahoe County Annual Quality Forum, 2017
- Pyramid Plus Approach
Conversation Starters to build relationships with families
Directors’ Roundtable Meeting Handouts
- August 2017: Staff Orientation Presentation and Orientation Assessment (not shared at DRT, but a helpful resource)
- Teachers Treasure Trunk: New, Gently used & Repurposed Learning Materials put together by an early childhood professional, who will come to your site: firstname.lastname@example.org / 720-496-3049
- Mission-Driven Advertising
- Playground for Sale